Frittata can be made from many healthy ingredients.
This version is made from fresh garden vegetables and eggs.
- a large bunch of fresh spinach and silverbeet.
- a bunch of the green tops of spring onions.
- 150 grams feta (feta is very low in lactose like hard cheese).
- 4 large organic eggs.
- a few sprigs of chervil or dill.
- 2 table spoons garlic infused olive oil. *see recipe
- 1 large Lions Mane Mushroom suitable to cut into slices.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- wash and chop spinach and silverbeet.
- wash and chop spring onion tops.
- crumble feta into small pieces.
- wash and chop dill/chervil, reserve some unchopped herb for garnish.
- cut lions main mushroom into thin slices.
- pre heat oven to 170 C.
- heat a heavy based skillet (one that is suitable to go in the oven as well as on the stove top).
- heat olive oil in the skillet.
- add spring onion tops to the oil and sauté until just limp.
- add chopped spinach, silverbeet and dill/chervil.
- place a lid on the skillet and turn the heat to its lowest setting and allow to slowly simmer in its own juices until all the greens have become limp.
- set aside allowing the vegetables to cool down.
- drain any excess liquid from the skillet and add feta, eggs and cracked pepper, stir well, hold off on adding salt as the feta is quite salty.
- place skillet in the oven and cook for 25-35 mins.
While the mixture is cooking its time to prepare the lions mane mushrooms
- blanch* the mushroom slices for 1 minute, remove from boiling water and pat dry with a clean tea towel.
- place the mushroom slices in a pre heated pan greased with olive oil and cook slowly over a medium heat until brown on both sides.
To create your slice place a slice of mushroom on serving plate.
Cut a slice of the frittata to cover the mushroom.
Top with another slice of mushroom and garnish.
Baked potatoes and fresh garden salad.
* How to blanch your mushroom slices.
Bring a sauce pan filled with cold water to the boil then place one slice of mushroom at a time into the boiling water for 1 min. Remove and place in cold water to stop further cooking.