Organic Lean Beef Stir Fry with Bell Peppers (Capsicum)
- 200 grams organic lean beef cut into thin slices
- 1 medium size red bell pepper
- 1 medium size green bell pepper
- 2 medium size carrots
- 1 bunch broccolini stems only
- 3 red chillies finely sliced (optional)
- 1 heaped teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons cold pressed olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon wheat free soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ginger and saffron and ginger syrup (see recipe page)
- Slice peppers, carrots and broccolini stems, make sure all slices are roughly the same thickness. If your vegetables are all different, the cooking time for each will vary and you will end up with vegetables that are a combination of over cooked, undercooked and just right.
- In a wok heat the olive and sesame oils.
- Add ginger and chillies stirring occasionally on a low heat to bring the flavours into the oils.
- Turn up the heat under the wok and add a few of your beef strips and cook until seared. Remove from wok placing them in bowl for later. Continue this process until all of the beef strips have been seared and set aside.
- Keeping the work on a high heat add the peppers and other vegetables and cook until they reach a good heat yet still retain some of their fresh crunchiness.
- Return the beef strips to the work.
- Add the soy and saffron and ginger sauce, toss well.
- Serve immediately.
Serving suggestions; steamed basmati rice or rice noodles.