Baked Oca also know as the New Zealand Yam
Oca or the New Zealand Yam
- 300 grams fresh Oca
- 200 mils garlic infused olive oil
- fresh ground sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- small bunch of fresh chives
- pre heat your oven to 175 c.
- wash and dry the oca.
- place in a lightly oiled baking pan.
- sprinkle with fresh ground sea salt and black pepper.
- drizzle good quality garlic infused olive oil and mix through.
- bake for 45 mins or until tender and browned.
- serve as a side dish topped with chopped fresh chives.
Oca is also known as the New Zealand Yam, it is easy to grow and the leaves and stems can also be used in soups, salads and stir-fry.