Saffron and Ginger Syrup
Dried Saffron filaments
- pinch of saffron pre soaked,
- (1 part saffron to 3 parts liquid for at least 2 hours, the filaments will swell and release the flavours)
- 100 grams sliced fresh ginger
- half a cup (200 mls) raw sugar
- 1 and a half cups (600 mls) water
Ginger (Zingiber officinale)
- add sugar and water to a heavy based pan and slowly heat until sugar has dissolved.
- add sliced ginger and slow simmer for 10 minutes.
- remove from heat and stir through the saffron, cover and allow to cool.
- place in jar and leave in the fridge until ready for use.
- strain off liquid when ready to use.
The syrup should keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.