Roast Vegetable Dip with fresh basil and parsley
Roasted carrot, parsnip, basil and parsley dip with olives, cucumber and pickled chillies.
Roast Vegetable Dip with antipasto
- 1 large parsnip
- 2 small or one large carrot
- 5 or 6 sprigs of fresh parsley
- a small bunch of fresh basil
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- Juice of half a lemon
- 4 table spoons garlic infused olive oil
- half a cup of water
- pinch of sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
Method: Step One
- wash and cut in to 2.5 cm thick slices both the carrot and parsnip.
- place vegetables in a small heavy based baking dish, sprinkle with salt, pepper and rosemary.
- add 2 table spoons garlic infused oil and toss vegetables well.
- place in a pre-heated oven at 175 c for 45 mins or until cooked through and slightly caramelised.
Method: Step Two
- roughly chop the parsley and basil and place in blender.
- add the lemon juice, remaining garlic infused olive oil and the water.
- add the cooled baked vegetables and blend until smooth.
- add salt and pepper to taste.
- Use simply as a dip with sticks of cucumber, a few pickled chillies and olives.
- Makes a fantastic topping for any baked or steamed vegetables.
- Spread on crackers or fresh bread.
- Add to a small amount of quinoa and use as a stuffing for tomatoes, zucchini or bell peppers.