Ingredients: tomato bbq/salsa sauce
- 800 grams fresh crushed tomatoes (can be substituted for crushed organically grown tinned tomatoes).
- 1 bunch spring onion green tops only finely chopped.
- 1 red capsicum (bell pepper) finely chopped.
- 4 red chillies finely chopped (optional).
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger.
- 2 tablespoons soft brown sugar.
- freshly ground sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused cold-pressed olive oil.
- 1 tablespoon white wine or cider vinegar.
For a pasta or pizza sauce leave out the sugar and vinegar.
Quick and Easy Tomato Sauce Cooking
- if you are using fresh tomatoes place them in a bowl and stir through the salt and pepper, leave aside to rest (this will help to bring out the juices from the tomatoes).
- place the olive oil in a heavy based saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- add the ginger, chillies and spring onion tops to the pan and simmer slowly in the garlic infused oil until almost caramelised.
- add capsicum and continue to simmer until tender.
- de-glaze with the crushed tomatoes.
- bring to the boil, add sugar and vinegar and simmer for 25 mins.
- blend with a stick mixer.
- cook for a further 5 mins.
- store in a clean glass jar and referigerate.
2 Comments Add yours
Hello there, just became aware of your blog through Google,
and found that it’s truly informative. I’m going to watch
out for brussels. I’ll be grateful if you continue this in future.
Lots of people will be benefited from your writing.